Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How to land a Teacher Job

My name is Jane Orlando and I am currently a second grade teacher at Whiting Elementary School in Manchester, NJ.
I landed my first teaching job by having a friend tell me about a third grade opening in a Catholic School in Kearny, NJ. I applied and through my interview I was able to obtain my first teaching position. Try to network anyway possible of anyone you may know in the education field.
I landed my first teaching job because I possess the following qualities: my love for children and how precious they are, my desire to help them grow spiritually, academically, and socially.
Finding a teaching job can be hard, but here is some advice to make it easier you need to substitute in different districts so your ability to teach can be recognized. When there is an opening don't just e-mail or send your resume hand deliver it. You need to put a face to the resume. Keep at it and don't get discouraged. Your day will come as long as you believe in yourself.
This post is part of the Teaching Jobs Portal: “How to land a Teacher Job”. What was your journey like to become a teacher? If you’d like to share your experience with other aspiring teachers please see this post for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment